Passport required for travel to the Maldives? If you are a US citizen, then a passport is not currently needed. However, if you plan on spending more than 30 days in the Maldives, it’s best to have one just in case. For now, no need to worry about getting your passport ready!
Things required for your Maldives Vacation
1.Visa – passports are the most important documents to bring when travelling internationally. There is a list of countries that require visas before arriving in the country and whether or not they will be granted on arrival so make sure you do your research before booking flights!
2. Sunscreen – no one likes getting sunburnt while on vacation. Make sure you pack some sunscreen with at least SPF 30 (or higher) along with a hat, sunglasses, and plenty of water to keep hydrated during long days out in the sun. You might also want to consider bringing an umbrella as well just incase it rains which is common throughout much of year round.
3. Bikini – girls, you know what to bring and guys come prepared too. If it isn’t already obvious, pack a swim suit! Don’t forget sunglasses and sunscreen before heading down to the beach for hours of tanning in between dips into the ocean.
4. Cash – as far from everywhere has cash machines or takes credit cards so be sure to have enough cash on hand if you want extra security while travelling abroad. You might also consider withdrawing money just after arriving at your destination before every getting started exploring (or even during) since there are plenty ATMs available almost anywhere in Maldives these days. This way you don’t run out unexpectedly halfway through your trip when they’re few and far between each other like some people have experienced.
5. Phone – you might want to pack this one and your charger too so that way you can take photos of all the beautiful views while on vacation in Maldives! Make sure to purchase a phone card if there is any risk of running out of minutes or internet data as well for added peace of mind when travelling abroad.
6. Pillow – who doesn’t like getting nice and comfortable at night? Pack plenty of pillows for some much needed support after standing, walking, swimming, etc. throughout the day since sleeping conditions may be very different from what you are used to back home.
7. Toiletries – it’s not always easy finding shampoo/conditioner or toothpaste overseas which means packing some is a good idea. Some people like to pack some toilet paper as well or other basic necessities just in case things are really different from what you’re used to back home.
A passport is not required for travel to the Maldives. However, you should still take care of your health and get a good vacation insurance policy before going on an international trip in case something goes wrong. The best way to ensure that your journey will be safe and productive is by getting all necessary vaccinations beforehand (and maybe even some booster shots).
Who is Fun Island Maldives?
Fun Island Maldives focuses on traveling the world and experiencing everything there is to know about The Maldives, a picture-perfect archipelago situated in the middle of the Indian Ocean and home to 1,190+ tiny coral islands! This amazing country is famous for the beauty it possesses and is celebrated as one of the best travel destinations in the world. For first-timers, traveling to the country will be very exciting but at the same time, there is so much more to look forward to and understand beyond the exotic lifestyles.