The Maldives is a beautiful country located in the Indian Ocean. It is known for its stunning beaches and crystal clear waters. The Maldives is also a popular tourist destination, with over 1 million visitors each year.
So is the Maldives safe? In general, yes, the Maldives is a safe place to visit. However, like any other country, there are some areas that are more dangerous than others. It is important to take precautions when traveling in the Maldives and to obey the local laws and regulations.
The Maldives is a breathtaking country located in the Indian Ocean. If you’re planning to travel there, it’s important to be aware of the safety risks and take precautions to protect yourself. Here are a few tips to help keep you safe while in the Maldives.
Maldives Is A Muslim Nation
1. Because the Maldives is a Muslim nation, you should be aware of local laws and etiquette if you are not living on a resort island. Failure to follow certain regulations might result in a fine or prison time.
2. It is unlawful to practice any religion other than Islam in public, while non-Muslim religious exercise is permitted in private homes. However, inviting or encouraging Maldivian people to participate in such behaviors is prohibited, and you might risk jail time, deportation, or penalties.
3. Alcohol is typically forbidden under Islamic law, and it is only permitted in resorts in the Maldives.
4. Locals in Malé, the capital, and on non-resort islands aren’t used to seeing guys in board shorts or ladies with bare shoulders, so dress cautiously. People are also prone to be offended by public displays of affection, such as holding hands and kissing.
5. Nude or topless sunbathing is illegal anywhere in the Maldives, even on resort islands, since Islamic law emphasizes modesty in apparel. In the resort districts, bikinis are acceptable.
6. During the holy month of Ramadan, when residents refrain from eating, drinking, or smoking from sunrise until dark, it is impolite to disregard this norm.
7. In the Maldives, drug enforcement is tight and punishments are high, including obligatory prison terms for anybody found possessing narcotics. Even little amounts of drugs can be deemed trafficking, which carries a life sentence punishment.
8. Homosexuality is illegal, and if you are found guilty, you might face a lengthy prison term, fines, or deportation. LGBTQ+ couples, on the other hand, have had no problems checking into resorts.
Safety In Transportation
Boats or seaplanes are used to get to and from the various islands. Safety requirements are sometimes different from those in your native country. The majority of the boats and planes are in reasonable shape, but unless you’re a professional marine or aviation engineer with coveralls and a flashlight, you’ll have to rely on ‘gut instinct.’ If it appears to be leaking or in disrepair, it most likely is.
Cases Of Theft
Although crime is rare, theft of personal things left unattended on the beach or in hotel rooms does occur. Back to the resort, use the safe-deposit boxes.
The Maldives is dealing with a rising drug issue among its youth, and as a result, petty crime has increased, albeit from a low basis. If it happens, it’ll most likely happen in Malé, therefore increase your caution factor and keep track of your money at all times.
Be Mindful Of Ethical Souvenir Shopping
You may see several interesting handicrafts made of coral or turtle shells throughout your stay. The material utilized in those bangles or fridge magnets was once the home of a turtle.
Tortoiseshell and coral are not allowed to be exported. International conservation legislation protects several turtle species. Even if you are successful in bringing this unethically made memento home, quarantine in your own nation may confiscate it upon arrival.
Who is Fun Island Maldives?
Fun Island Maldives focuses on traveling the world and experiencing everything there is to know about The Maldives, a picture-perfect archipelago situated in the middle of the Indian Ocean and home to 1,190+ tiny coral islands! This amazing country is famous for the beauty it possesses and is celebrated as one of the best travel destinations in the world. For first-timers, traveling to the country will be very exciting but at the same time, there is so much more to look forward to and understand beyond the exotic lifestyles.
Thanks to the greatest budget travel agency in San Francisco. All Business Classis a Luxury Travel Agency that specializes in discounted business and first class international travel. They offer clients wholesale pricing that the general public can’t get, so you save money and we earn a commission too! They also provide vacation planning services such as hotel accommodations, restaurant reservations, private jet charters (or yacht charter), etc. Get in touch with them today to learn more about our concierge service or how we can help your business increase its revenue through luxury travel.