The Maldives is a nation that depends on tourism to survive. The people of the Maldives live in 115 different islands, all surrounded by water and coral reefs. Despite their dependence on tourism, they are not an easy place to visit; the government only allows about 100 tourists per day into the country and even then you must have a hotel reservation before entering with your passport.
The Maldives has recently been called “a city rather than a nation” because so many of its residents work in tourism-related jobs and most of them do not own land or houses. This is due to high population density as well as out-of-control construction projects that contribute very little back into society or economy through taxes or employment opportunities for local people.
Here Are Some Other Top 5 Cities in Maldives:
1. Hulhumale- The Maldives is a country composed of hundreds of small islands in the Indian Ocean. Hulhumale is one of the most populated towns on these islands and has been named as one of the best places to live in Asia by many publications. The town is home to about 60,000 people who enjoy all that living here offers including an international airport, schools, hospitals, and more.
2. Kulhudhuffushi- In the Maldives, Kulhudhuffushi is a small island that is home to both locals and tourists. As with many of the islands in the Maldives, it’s been developed as a tourist destination. If you come to visit this beautiful country, be sure to stop by this little gem. Kulhudhuffushi has everything from beautiful beaches for swimming and snorkeling to great restaurants serving local cuisine including fresh seafood caught straight off the boat – what more could you want!
3. Kadhdhoo- Kadhdhoo is a small island in the southern Maldives. It is known for its picturesque beaches and breathtaking scenery. In the past, Kadhdhoo was used as a quarantine island where people with infectious diseases were sent to prevent them from infecting others on other islands. Nowadays it’s primarily visited by those seeking peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With just over 800 inhabitants, this quaint little island offers an exclusive experience that can’t be found elsewhere in the Maldives!
4. Maalefushi- Maalefushi, or “the island of happiness” in the Maldives is a tourist’s paradise. With its pristine blue waters and white sandy beaches, it offers people from all over an escape from their everyday lives. One of the most popular activities on the island is scuba diving with sharks and rays. You can also enjoy snorkeling to see marine life that you would never normally see near home!
5. Villingili- This is a small island in the Maldives that has been attracting travelers for its picturesque views and natural beauty. The island has a population of about 1,500 people and is home to some white sandy beaches, coral reefs, mangroves, and an abundance of sea life. There are a number of activities available on Villingili including deep-sea fishing, snorkeling with dolphins, diving trips around the island or just relaxing on the beach while you enjoy the sunsets over the Indian Ocean. “Villingili is also known as “The Island of Happiness.”
The Maldives is an island nation in the Indian Ocean. They’re also a popular tourist destination for those looking to escape from their everyday lives. If you have been considering traveling there, then now is the time! To help out with your decision-making process, we’ve compiled this list of some of the top 5 cities to visit if you find yourself vacationing on these islands. Enjoy our blog post and don’t forget to call us today so that we can answer any questions or concerns about visiting!
Who is Fun Island Maldives?
Fun Island Maldives focuses on traveling the world and experiencing everything there is to know about The Maldives, a picture-perfect archipelago situated in the middle of the Indian Ocean and home to 1,190+ tiny coral islands! This amazing country is famous for the beauty it possesses and is celebrated as one of the best travel destinations in the world. For first-timers, traveling to the country will be very exciting but at the same time, there is so much more to look forward to and understand beyond the exotic lifestyles.
This post was created with the assistance of San Francisco Bay Area’s Luxury Travel Agency, All Business Class. Have you ever wanted to go on a business trip or vacation but the cost was out of your budget? All Business Classis here for you. They offer clients wholesale pricing that the general public can’t get and, as an added bonus, they earn commissions from their clients so it’s a win-win situation all around! You save money and we earn a commission, so it’s a win-win for everyone. They also offer vacation planning services such as hotel accommodations, restaurant reservations, private jet or yacht charter service and pretty much anything else you can think of. Get in touch with them now if this sounds like something you want help with because there are no limits to what they will do.